The MPCA is hosting a live webinar on street sweeping, Thursday May 13, 9:30-11:00 AM. The webinar will feature distinguished speakers covering the following:
- Opening statement - the importance and value of street sweeping: Randy Neprash, PE, Minnesota Cities Stormwater Coalition, Stantec
- Discussion of nutrients in urban stormwater, focused on impacts of trees: Dr. Sarah Hobbie, Distinguished McKnight University Professor, Dept. of Ecology, Evolution & Behavior, University of Minnesota
- Overview of recently developed street sweeping calculator: Aileen Molloy, Tetra Tech
- Overview of draft guidance for street sweeping: Hillary Yonce, Tetra Tech
- Discussion of additional research needs: William Selbig, Research Hydrologist, USGS Upper Midwest Water Science Center
Information for joining the webinar, speaker information, and links to information on street sweeping can be found at https://stormwater.pca.state.mn.us/index.php?title=May_2021_street_sweeping_webinar.