The State of Transportation and Health Equity (Smart Growth America: 2019) identifies the biggest challenges to health equity facing our transportation system and the best tools to address the problem. Recommendations are that stakeholders:
1. Reframe the transportation conversation.
2. Allocate funding and resources equitably.
3. Improve the quality and diversity of transportation leadership.
4. Prioritize historically underrepresented communities in transportation decision-making.
5. Work in unison to provide people-focused infrastructure.