National League of Cities 2021 Leadership in Community Resilience grant program is now accepting proposals!
We know first-hand how cumbersome and time consuming applications and proposal writing can be, so we purposely designed this one to be short and straightforward.
Each awardee city will receive $10,000 and customized support/training from NLC and the Resilient Cities Network (formerly 100RC). We have many other incredible program partners including Climate Access, I-DIEM, Thriving Earth Exchange, ASAP (grantees receive free membership!), ecoAmerica, NASA, NOAA, and more.
The deadline for applications is December 23th, 2020.
- Please read our FAQ carefully for more details and a link to apply
- Check out our past projects for ideas and inspiration
- For more information on the Resilient Cities Network partnership, check out our most recent blog
What issues should proposals focus on?
- Disaster preparedness and hazard mitigation (e.g., to heat, drought, smoke/wildfires, sea level rise, flooding, etc.)
- Embedding equity in city resilience plans/programs
- Water infrastructure/green infrastructure
- Climate migration, retreat, and associated impacts/opportunities
- Resilient renewable energy + storage projects
- Nature-based solutions
- Emissions reduction strategies