All local units of government within Minnesota are eligible, including cities, counties, regional authorities, joint powers boards, towns, Tribal nations, and parks and recreation boards in cities of the first class.
Priority will be given to:
- Communities who have staff, who plan to certify their staff during the grant period, or who will contract with companies with staff with professional tree care credentials
- Projects removing and replacing ash trees that pose significant public safety concerns
- Projects that benefit underserved populations and areas of concern for environmental justice
- Public tree inventories
- Developing a management plan that includes an EAB component
- Tree and stump removal and tree replacement
Application Available: Monday, July 12, 2021
Application Deadline: Monday, August 9, 2021
Applications must include a 25% match of total project funds. Match can be in-kind, cash match, or both.
After reading through the Request for Applications, complete all parts of the application found online. Email completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org (only emailed applications will be accepted). Applications must be received by Monday, August 9, 2021, to be considered eligible for funding.
DNR's Urban & Community Forestry Team will review and evaluate grant applications, and prioritize proposals. The UCF Grants Steering Committee will recommend projects and award amounts. DNR will review all committee recommendations and is responsible for final award decisions. Grantees will be notified by August 30, 2021.
A list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) will be available online. FAQs will be updated weekly with questions received through July 30, 2021. Direct questions to email@example.com.